Thursday 12 July 2012

Feminine Curves: A History of Elegantly Waisted Icons...

Above: The Curvy Actress/Model Scarlett Johansson 
A timeless focus on the hip and waist ratio for women has always been a high priority, being curvaceous is beautiful feature to possess as it gives you a vast choice of what clothes will flatter your frame, a slim waist and wider hips looks both elegant and feminine as well as creating a desirable soft silhouette.Crowd pleasing curves has been a focus for women for centuries and so many icons have helped encourage women to embrace or emphasize their naturally curvy and feminine physique...
1950's Marilyn Monroe
"The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up"-Marilyn Monroe
1960's Elizabeth Taylor
“When people say: she’s got everything, I’ve only one answer: I haven’t had tomorrow.” - Elizabeth Taylor
1970's Farrah Fawcett
1960's Brigitte Bardot 
"Every age can be enchanting, provided you live within it."

1970's Farrah Fawcett

"I am proud of what I have got, and I need an audience"- Farrah Fawcett
1980's Pamela Anderson
"And I'm not an actress. I don't think I am an actress. I think I've created a brand and a business." - Pamela Anderson
2000's Beyonce Knowles
“Some people think one thing is beautiful, some think another is. When people say that I am ‘most beautiful’ or ‘most sexy’, it bothers me. “I like fashion and I like to look good. I like to try at least, but everyone has their own opinion.” - Beyonce Knowles
2000's Scarlett Johansson
“If you're comfortable with yourself, then it's sexy. Maybe people think I look sexy because I feel sexy. I am a very liberated person that way. I'm very comfortable with my sexuality, my body, my face - well, sometimes I'm not comfortable with my face, but it's stuck there and there's nothing I can do about it.” - Scarlett Johansson

Megan,
xox

6 comments:

  1. As long as you feel good in your skin you are sexy, that is what I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely love this post...i've always loved marilyn, elizabeth and scarlett's bodies!!
    xoamy
    www.cupcakesncouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post, every woman sholud be confident because if you think about it... there is no one else built like you, because every one of us are one of a kind. No one else will ever be you and vise versa.

    www.fashionforjojo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice post, and I believe that we all must be confortable with what we have!
    http://therunwayoflife.blogspot.mx/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good stuff, very inspiring. :) I myself grew from skinny to curvy, and I feel so much more of a woman for that!

    theclothesmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. really admire all those women~!
    Several days ago I regestered at IFB forum and received a lot of friendship requests from bloggers, so I start to review new blogs and this how I find yours~! )
    You have a really nice blog, interesting and clear, full of inspiring posts, useful links and nice photos, so
    I thought that it would be great to have so lovely girl among my followers and be your follower also~!
    Just drop the message in my blog if you like the idea~
    Nice blogging~!


    Olga / blogging from South Korea
    http://www.myblondegal.com/

    ReplyDelete