Wednesday 25 July 2012

My Essential Summer Playlist

 

summer playlist

 

After weeks of rain in the UK the sun has decided to shine for once. I finally feel like summer has arrived, and to celebrate I have compiled a list of summery songs that I love, whether old or new. Of course everybody has their slightly cheesy guilty pleasures to get them through the summer, but here are some of my not-so-guilty pleasures. Not all summer songs have to be cringey!

 

Click below to read more;

 


Song: Hawaiian Air

Artist: Friendly Fires

From The Album: Pala

 

 

I never thought a song about the fear of flying would sound so summery. But it does. If you like this, then you should get their second album ‘Pala’ which is filled with songs just perfect for summer. Now get me on a plane to Hawaii, pronto.

Other summery Friendly Fires songs; Jump in the Pool/Kiss of life/Helpless/Pala/Hurting


 

Song: Congratulations

Artist: MGMT

From the Album: Congratulations

 

 

I don’t know why, but I find this song quite summery. Although it’s about the negative side of fame it is still nice to listen to whilst sat in the sunshine.

Other summery MGMT songs; Of Birds, Moons and Monsters/Time To Pretend/Electric Feel


 

Song: Go

Artist: The Maccabees

From the Album: Given to the Wild

 

 

I’m glad I found this song a few days ago. I really love it. The perfect song to add to your summer music festival playlist.

 


 

Song: Let’s Go Surfing

Artist: The Drums

From the album: The Drums

 

 

The Drums always manage to create some great catchy guitar tunes and this is one of them.

Other summery songs from The Drums; Best Friend/Me and the Moon/Money/How it Ended

 


Do you want more sunshine? Click on our summer playlist and enjoy. I will be adding more songs if I can think of any. Also if you have any suggestions, I’ll be happy to add them to the list!

Either click here or below to listen to the playlist.

 

                 

 

Jasmine,

x♫x

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff! I love MGMT. Found them on 8tracks and am so glad. They don't get played on the radio over here in the PH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a little bit obsessed with them at the moment! It's a shame they don't get enough radio play because they have some really great songs. :) - Jasmine

      Delete